1. With the understanding that the Glen Iris Inn is an historic site with irreplaceable items, it should be treated with respect. Any decorations must be approved in advance by the wedding coordinator.
2. The library will be available for two hours prior to the ceremony and up to one hour after the ceremony to be used as a dressing room. This room does not lock, therefore, arrangements should be made in advance to secure your property. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. As this is a room for all houseguests to enjoy, it is imperative that all items be removed in a timely fashion. Should it become necessary for our staff to clear and secure any items left in the library, a $100.00 cleaning fee will be added to your bill.
3. Dancing music is permitted under the tent on the South Lawn only. All festivities must conclude by 10:00pm in accordance with Park Regulations.
4. The bride and groom must arrange for their own officiant, musician, florist, baker, photographer and DJ or band. The wedding coordinator will provide information as to preferred services if requested.
5. Aisle runners are not allowed due to safety issues.
6. Park Entrance Passes: Vehicle use entrance passes will be provided to you by the Glen Iris Inn for your event. They should be included with every invitation. The passes are specific to your event name and date and are not valid for any other dates. Your guests must show the vehicle use pass (paper only) at the park entrance to be able to enter the park without paying the entrance fee. If someone forgets their pass they will have to pay the entrance fee and we will not be able to reimburse them. Any vendors providing services for your event will also need to show a vehicle use pass. Vehicle Use Passes are not valid in the pay station entrance lane. The passes should be requested at least 3 weeks prior to mailing your invitations to ensure you have them on time.
7. Alcoholic beverage sales are regulated by the New York State Liquor Authority and in accordance with our license the Glen Iris Inn is committed to its responsible service. It is our policy that no liquor, beer or wine be brought into the facility from outside sources. It is New York State law that no person under the age of 21 be served or have possession of any alcohol beverage. We reserve the right to refuse the service of alcohol to anyone who, in our judgment, shows signs of impairment.
8. Decorating may be done the day of your event only. Times must be arranged in advance with the wedding coordinator. You may not attach anything to the walls or windows of the Terrace Dining Room or the Letchworth Room. Any items that are utilized in the tent must be removed at the conclusion of your event. Should it become necessary for our staff to clear and secure any items left in the tent or dining room areas, a $100.00 cleaning fee will be added to your bill. Wedding cakes and fresh flowers must be delivered the day of your event and cannot be stored in our coolers.
9. A confirmation will be mailed to you if you have requested a guest room reservation block. Please contact our hotel office with any questions pertaining to overnight accommodations.
10. Gifts and envelopes may be secured in the safe at the Glen Iris Inn. A designated guest must be present to count these items and sign for them. They may be retrieved the following day after 9:00am.
11. No outside food or beverage is allowed at an event. No leftover food or beverage may be taken from the event.
12. A deposit is required within 10 days of reserving a date. Final payment must be made in full by check or cash two weeks prior to your event. A credit card must be on file two weeks prior to your event for any additional charges.
13. A Saturday event requires a minimum expenditure of $,8000.00 in food and beverage arrangements. A Sunday event requires a minimum expenditure of $5,000.00 in food and beverage. These minimums do not include sales tax, surcharges, rental costs, hotel rooms or any miscellaneous fees.